EDI (Electronic Billing) Department
If you are interested in applying for a position, please email your resume and salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Principals only.
EDI Support Technician - Tier I
This full-time hourly position reports to the Manager of EDI Support, and is responsible for providing excellent, professional-quality technical support on Compulink EDI products to our clients while maintaining a high standard of client satisfaction. Full-time hours in the CBS offices are mandatory and are an essential function of the job.
- Works with team to handle client support calls taken from queue. Is courteous, calm, patient and professional at all times. Controls call and effectively manages even difficult client situations. Works to minimize lag time. Pulls calls by priority/lag time. Considers client’s local time and any special call back requests (e.g. requested time/call back #). Meets productivity expectations including min. avg hourly total weight and queue calls taken.
- Thoroughly, clearly and concisely documents every action taken in an issue edit in Users, including client calls, attempted calls, client emails received and responses sent, research, and resolutions per established procedures. Enters notes during conversation with client to save time. Completes notes before end of shift. Creates separate issue sheets for each unique issue handled. Connects each issue to appropriate topic tree limb including proper attachment to existing KB, Bug and Request entries. Responds to incoming client emails the same day as received.
- Starts scheduled appts on time and promptly marks as Kept. Blocks appt schedule to show start/end of shift, lunch, and scheduled time out of office. Adheres to lunch and break schedule.
- Effectively uses tools/resources such as WebHelp manual, knowledge base, bug database, standard EDI documents, and fellow team members to research solutions. Works as independently as possible by using resources before approaching other team members.
- Takes ownership of issue through resolution; however, knows when to ask for help to ensure timely resolution, or when more information is needed on issues or processes. Confirms with client that the issue has truly been resolved before resolving issue sheet.
- Works open issues and projects daily and manages time appropriately to balance KB follow-ups and incoming calls. Follows up on each open at least weekly and documents action. Does not advance F/U date without taking action. Attempts to follow-up and resolve client’s other EDI Support issues even if not in own ID.
- When requesting help, clearly and concisely relates issue details and summary of troubleshooting steps taken thus far. Escalates issues to supervisor if needed according to established procedures. Tests at desk on local copy of the Advantage software as needed to verify issue can be duplicated before escalating and to improve product knowledge. Creates new knowledge base entries after investigating an area where information is not available.
- Learns all Compulink EDI products and relevant areas of core product. Stays current by taking WebEx classes as assigned in LMS and on own initiative during slow times to expand knowledge.
- Helps the team as a resource, takes on tasks even if not assigned, e.g. when teammate running behind. Provides suggestions on improving team processes. Assists with training new staff and with special projects as assigned.
- Strong technical skills, problem solving skills and analytical abilities to research and determine appropriate actions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications by phone or email with clients and trading partners.
- The ability to anticipate client needs, offer solutions, troubleshoot, and provide resolutions in a timely manner.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills that promote strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated accompanied by ability to multi-task and establish effective priorities.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience providing customer service in a call center environment.
- Experience providing end-user technical support on practice management software or other business applications is a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues and providing resolutions for ANSI X12 healthcare EDI transactions, e.g. 837, 835, 999, 270/271 a big plus. Experience with CMS-1500 and UB-04 form logic and customization is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Windows XP/2000/Vista/8, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Shortel telephone system is a plus.
- 2 years college or equivalent.
- Eligible to work in US.
- Proficiency with English language.